I am an artist. A poor artist. And here are my drawings. My poor drawings. Enjoy.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

GameSTOP

I am a gamer. Well, I was a gamer, back when I didn't have anything to spend money on, and I had all day to hang out with whomever I pleased.

But though things have changed, and I no longer get to spend the entirety of my funds on video games, I have not. I am a gamer at heart. Sadly, Gamestop is a dick.

I just recently picked up Portal 2. This game is awesome in every way. It is the ultimate culmination of art, writing, and gameplay. But where was I? Ah, yes. Gamestop dickishness.

My Portal 2 disk got big radial scratches due to an undeniably cute incident involving my family's dog, Cocoa, and my Xbox 360 being knocked over. These scratches prevented me from being able to play the one player aspect of the game. So I took it to Gamestop to see if it could be fixed.

I showed them the scratched disc, and I showed them my tear filled eyes. The young woman I was working with looked at her manager imploringly. He had taken all of his head hair off to fashion a goatee for himself. "Nope. Disc is a goner, bro." The man didn't even look at me. He knew his betrayal.

They let me trade in the disc for 20some dollars, minus refurb. Wait. Refurb sounds a lot like refurbish, which means that they would take my disc, fix it, and put it on the store shelves. Which means that the disc isn't a goner, bro.

Let's pretend the disc was done for. Why would Gamestop pay me money for it? Do they recycle? If I brought in a game disc that had been cut into little cubes would they still give me 20some dollars for it? If I asked real nice? If I showed them how the pieces sparkled like magic when you threw them?

I didn't think so. Gamestop, you're a dick. And I want Portal 2 back.

Ruby, thank you for being my first follower. This is for you.

1 comment:

  1. Aw heeell yeah. Gifts in the form of blog posts. My favorite.

    ReplyDelete